SLNC facilitates meeting on Whole Foods 365 issues
SLNC Region Seven Representative Terry Jackson recently contacted a group of concerned neighbors who have voiced concerns about the new 365 by Whole Foods at 2520 Glendale Blvd. Reported issues include deliveries and idling trucks after 10 p.m., noise from refrigeration units, Whole Foods employees parking on local streets, and general parking overflow.
On June 17, Council District 13 held a meeting with representatives of Whole Foods, LAPD, and shopping center management, but local neighbors were not invited.
Whole Foods and the center’s property management maintained they would comply with minimum requirements of the municipal code and that they were working to address some of the other issues that had been raised.
SLNC was contacted by the residents subsequent to receiving the meeting report and reconfirmed that problems were ongoing. The Neighborhood Council subsequently passed a motion on July 6 to write to CD 13, Whole Foods, CVS and center management requesting that the SLNC be kept informed of progress being made in resolving the issues.
It is the position of the SLNC that the shopping center, its tenants, and local residents are neighbors and stakeholders. Jackson said, “Good neighbors will listen to each to each other and go beyond the minimum required under the municipal code to ensure the quality of life in our neighborhood is maintained.”
- Reservoir Refill Fast-Tracked
- SLNC 50+ Committee Sponsors Emergency Training
- Owlets Hatch in Silver Lake
- Reminder: No Dogs In the Meadow
- SLNC-sponsored Wild Flowers in Full Bloom
- Thomas Starr King Heads to Finals for $25,000 Grant
- New Overnight Parking Restrictions on Silver Lake Boulevard
- Rowena: Let There Be Lights
- SLNC Funds Homeless Outreach Grant, Reinstates Adopt-A-Stair Program
- Standing Room Only at CD13 Candidate Forum
- SLNC Elects Terry Jackson Treasurer
- Community Issues Tackled in Vision & Goals Meeting
- Education and Friends of Animals Committees Elect New Co-chairs; SLNC Appoints New Secretary
- First Committee Meeting to Ensure HHH Homeless Funds Are Used Effectively
- Silver Lake LGBTQ Author and Historian Stuart Timmons Dies
- LAPD: Update on Silver Lake Burglaries
- SLNC Supports Free Legal Assistance for Immigrants Facing Deportation
- Volunteers Needed for Reservoir
- Rowena “Road Diet” Update
- SLNC Remembers 50th Anniversary of First LGBT Civil Rights Demonstration, Which Took Place in Silver Lake
- Silver Lake in the News
- SLNC Six-Month Report
- Homeless in Silver Lake Committee Supports PATH Initiatives
- Board Appoints New Board Member for Region 1, Appoints Aging and Film Liaisons
- Impact of Oakland Fire: Is Silver Lake Ready?
- SLNC Affirms Support of DWP Reservoir Commitments
- Fighting Out-of-Scale Development
- SLNC Tackles Potholes
- LADWP Confirms Reservoir Will be Refilled to Historic Level
- Past SLNC News and Articles
- Free Legal Services for Vets