Board Appoints New Board Member for Region 1, Appoints Aging and Film Liaisons
The SLNC Governing Board has voted to appoint Hannah Anderson to serve as representative for Region 1 of the Silver Lake Neighborhood Council. Peterson is a graduate of the University of St. Andrews in Scotland, where she studied art history and English. A resident of Silver Lake, she works in a marketing startup and brings social media expertise to the SLNC. Board Member Douglas Loewy also represents Region 1.
Patty Jausoro was appointed to the position of Aging Liaison. Jausoro, who is co-chair of the 50+ Committee and SLNC treasurer, will represent the SLNC on the Mayoral Initiative: Purposeful Aging LA.
Mark Duncan, a director, producer and writer who lives in Silver Lake, was named Film Liaison and will work on the Mayoral Initiative: Support for the Film Industry.
The motions to appoint Peterson, Jausoro and Duncan were made at the December 7 meeting and unanimously approved by board members.
- Reservoir Refill Fast-Tracked
- SLNC 50+ Committee Sponsors Emergency Training
- Owlets Hatch in Silver Lake
- Reminder: No Dogs In the Meadow
- SLNC-sponsored Wild Flowers in Full Bloom
- Thomas Starr King Heads to Finals for $25,000 Grant
- New Overnight Parking Restrictions on Silver Lake Boulevard
- Rowena: Let There Be Lights
- SLNC Funds Homeless Outreach Grant, Reinstates Adopt-A-Stair Program
- Standing Room Only at CD13 Candidate Forum
- SLNC Elects Terry Jackson Treasurer
- Community Issues Tackled in Vision & Goals Meeting
- Education and Friends of Animals Committees Elect New Co-chairs; SLNC Appoints New Secretary
- First Committee Meeting to Ensure HHH Homeless Funds Are Used Effectively
- Silver Lake LGBTQ Author and Historian Stuart Timmons Dies
- LAPD: Update on Silver Lake Burglaries
- SLNC Supports Free Legal Assistance for Immigrants Facing Deportation
- Volunteers Needed for Reservoir
- Rowena “Road Diet” Update
- SLNC Remembers 50th Anniversary of First LGBT Civil Rights Demonstration, Which Took Place in Silver Lake
- Silver Lake in the News
- SLNC Six-Month Report
- Homeless in Silver Lake Committee Supports PATH Initiatives
- Board Appoints New Board Member for Region 1, Appoints Aging and Film Liaisons
- Impact of Oakland Fire: Is Silver Lake Ready?
- SLNC Affirms Support of DWP Reservoir Commitments
- Fighting Out-of-Scale Development
- SLNC Tackles Potholes
- LADWP Confirms Reservoir Will be Refilled to Historic Level
- Past SLNC News and Articles
- Free Legal Services for Vets