February 1, 2012 GB Agenda
Silver Lake Neighborhood Council Governing Board
February 1st, 2012 7:00pm
Micheltorena School Auditorium
1511 Micheltorena St
Our meetings rely on input from the stakeholders of Silver Lake. Stakeholders are requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on that item. Comments from the public on Agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda, but which are within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction, will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, unless waived by the presiding co-chair of the Board.
Agenda is posted for public review at City Council District 13 Field Office and throughout Silver Lake. Internet users can sign up to receive agendas and minutes via the city’s Early Notification System at http://parc3.lacity.org/ens/index.cfm?dept=ensnc.
As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. Interpreters are also available in seven languages. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the SLNC via email at firstname.lastname@example.org Si necesita un interprete en español, favor de communicarse con o por correo electronico, tres dias antes de la junta que se lleva a cabo cada mes.
TIMES ARE FOR REFERENCE ONLY. ITEMS MAY BE ADDRESSED OUT OF THE ORDER LISTED.
ALL ITEMS MAY BE ACTED UPON WHETHER SPECIFCALLY LISTED FOR ACTION OR NOT.
I. Call to Order 7:00
II.Roll Call 7:02
III. Approval of January 4th, 2011 Minutes 7:05
IV. Public Comment on Non-Agenda Items 7:10
VI. Special Reports & Presentations
a. Tom LaBonge CD 4 – Representative 7:25
b. Eric Garcetti, CD 13 – Representative 7:30
c. Assemblyman Gatto – Representative 7:35
d. Assemblyman Cedillo – Representative 7:40
e. Catherine Bator – Metro’s Westside/CentralServiceCouncil 7:45
f. Susana Furfari – Principal Micheltorena Elementary School 7:50
g. Anthony Crump-Sunset Blvd/Griffith Park Blvd.Project 7:55
VII. Report of Officers 8:10
VIII.Consent Agenda 8:20
a. Motion: the SLNC Reservoir Complex Committee moves that the Silver Lake Neighborhood Council formally request that LADWP provide air quality testing during tunneling and regulating station construction.
b. Motion: the SLNC Reservoir Complex Committee moves that the Silver Lake Neighborhood Council formally request that the LADWP do crack and dig rather than pound during tunneling and regulating station construction.
c. Motion: the SLNC Reservoir Complex Committee moves that the Silver Lake Neighborhood Council formally request that the LADWP provide noise testing and mitigation during tunneling and regulating station construction.
d. Motion: the SLNC Reservoir Complex Committee moves that the Silver Lake Neighborhood Council formally request that the LADWP provide on-site electrical power in lieu of diesel or gas fueled generators during tunneling and regulating station construction.
e. Motion: the SLNC Reservoir Complex Committee moves that the Silver Lake Neighborhood Council formally requests that the LADWP not use Rados Construction Company.
f. Motion: the SLNC Reservoir Complex Committee moves that the Silver Lake Neighborhood Council formally requests that the LADWP provide soil testing before tunneling.
IX. New Business
a. Discussion and possible action : GGPNC – GGPNC / SLNC Boundary Change (proposal to annex portion of neighborhood currently in different NC) 8:30
b. Discussion and possible action: Lukens – Replacing SLNC Fax Service (proposal to replace existing fax service for SLNC) 8:55
X.Committee Reports 9:15
a. Parks and Green Spaces/Beautification (Cunningham)
b. Outreach (Ralph/Hutchinson)
c. Friends of Animals (Nahum)
d. Urban Design & Preservation (Bougart-Sharkov)
e. History Collective (Masterson)
f. Arts & Culture (Vacant)
g. Community Liaison (Vacant)
h. Public Safety (Trujillo/Herman-Wurmfeld)
i. Governmental Affairs(Neuman)
j. Budget & Finance (Crump)
k. Youth & Families
l. Transportation and Public Works (Millar)
XII. Agenda Items for next meeting
1. All items not acted upon by 10:00 p.m. will be carried over to the next meeting
Process for Reconsideration – The Board may reconsider and amend actions listed on the agenda if that reconsideration takes place immediately following the original action or at the next regular meeting. The Board, on either of these two days, shall: 1) make a Motion to Reconsider and, if approved, 2) hear the matter and take an action. If the Motion to Reconsider is to be scheduled at the next meeting following the original action, then two items shall be placed on the agenda for that meeting: 1) a Motion to Reconsider on the described matter and, 2) a [Proposed] Action should the Motion to Reconsider be approved. A Motion to Reconsider can only be made by a Board Member who has previously voted on the prevailing side of the original action. If a Motion to Reconsider is not made on the date the action was taken, then a Board Member on the prevailing side of the action must submit a memorandum to the Secretary identifying the matter to be reconsidered and a brief description of the reason(s) for requesting reconsideration at the next regular meeting. The aforesaid shall be in compliance with the Brown Act.
- Reservoir Refill Fast-Tracked
- SLNC 50+ Committee Sponsors Emergency Training
- Owlets Hatch in Silver Lake
- Reminder: No Dogs In the Meadow
- SLNC-sponsored Wild Flowers in Full Bloom
- Thomas Starr King Heads to Finals for $25,000 Grant
- New Overnight Parking Restrictions on Silver Lake Boulevard
- Rowena: Let There Be Lights
- SLNC Funds Homeless Outreach Grant, Reinstates Adopt-A-Stair Program
- Standing Room Only at CD13 Candidate Forum
- SLNC Elects Terry Jackson Treasurer
- Community Issues Tackled in Vision & Goals Meeting
- Education and Friends of Animals Committees Elect New Co-chairs; SLNC Appoints New Secretary
- First Committee Meeting to Ensure HHH Homeless Funds Are Used Effectively
- Silver Lake LGBTQ Author and Historian Stuart Timmons Dies
- LAPD: Update on Silver Lake Burglaries
- SLNC Supports Free Legal Assistance for Immigrants Facing Deportation
- Volunteers Needed for Reservoir
- Rowena “Road Diet” Update
- SLNC Remembers 50th Anniversary of First LGBT Civil Rights Demonstration, Which Took Place in Silver Lake
- Silver Lake in the News
- SLNC Six-Month Report
- Homeless in Silver Lake Committee Supports PATH Initiatives
- Board Appoints New Board Member for Region 1, Appoints Aging and Film Liaisons
- Impact of Oakland Fire: Is Silver Lake Ready?
- SLNC Affirms Support of DWP Reservoir Commitments
- Fighting Out-of-Scale Development
- SLNC Tackles Potholes
- LADWP Confirms Reservoir Will be Refilled to Historic Level
- Past SLNC News and Articles
- Free Legal Services for Vets